- 1 in 2,000 fetuses at 20 weeks’ gestation.
- Presence of solitary or multiple echogenic foci (1-2 mm in diameter) within the substance of the liver or in the capsule.
- The incidence of chromosomal abnormalities and genetic syndroms is not increased.
- Parenchymal calcifications may be due to intrauterine infection.
- Detailed ultrasound examination.
- TORCH test for fetal infections.
- In isolated cases follow-up should be standard.
- Standard obstetric care and delivery.
- No increased risk of recurrence.